Monday, August 25, 2008

Children's Hall - Tokyo





A couple of friends from church (Lisa and Bonnie) came with me to check out the Children's Hall in Tokyo. We took our kiddos up on the train and after a few wrong turns out of Shibuya station decided to just take a cab. But the taxi driver didn't understand when I said, "Children's Hall" he said, "Baby? Babies?" So I called Sean (my on-call translator) he looked up the address of the Hall online at his work and then I handed the phone to the driver so Sean could tell him in Japanese where it was. Yes, he does come in handy. We caught the end of a puppet show that our girls weren't thrilled with because they couldn't understand it but then we went upstairs and they had fun in the woodshop, making crafts, playing on the indoor playground and the Haunted House. (I guess they're getting into Halloween early here). All in all it was fun but next time we'll go when it's a little cooler and the Japanese schools are back in session. Thanks Lisa & Bonnie for agreeing to come with me on another adventure in the city!

No comments: