Sunday, September 28, 2008

MEETING COLBIE CALLIAT in TOKYO!!


If you haven't heard of my favorite singer (Colbie Calliat) some of her best songs are playing on my playlist for your listening pleasure. :) I usually have at least one of her songs playing on my blog but after meeting her on Friday night I can't stop listening to her, the show was THAT good. It was my friend Celeste's 30th birthday so I thought it'd be fun if we all took her up to Tokyo and went to the concert. We had SO much fun, especially since most of us are moms who haven't yet been to a concert in Japan. What was even better was the venue was so small (only 300 people) and we got there early so she was singing seriously 5 feet from us. It was AMAZING!!! She is uber talented and on key with every song. We were the only Americans there so we had a fairly easy time meeting her outside after the show. (I didn't think we would because the Japanese security guards weren't letting us backstage even though I jokingly offered them 2,000 yen - $20) and pretended not to understand when they asked me to leave. :) Yes, my friend Renee said I went from cool to "geeked out" when I met Colbie but she is just WAY BEYOND any other female singer right now. What I love about her is she's so down-to-earth, beachy, cool, understated and honest with her whole style and music. She's like a female Jack Johnson. I LOVE HER!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, you've been so busy. I can't wait to get home!

Karri said...

We can't wait for you to get home either! We miss you!