Monday, September 29, 2008

Back to Bali (Ladies' Trip)

PASSING OUT BOOKS FROM MY SUITCASE FRIENDS DONATED FOR THEM
OUR ELEPHANT PLAYING THE HARMONICA MY GUIDE & I RUNNING OUR HORSES ON THE BEACH
Yes, I went to Bali again...please don't hate me. I know I just went with Sean in May but my friend Melissa REALLY wanted to go and completely twisted my arm. :) So I saved up my little money from teaching yoga and English (for 3 months) so I could go with my friend (who watched our girls while Sean and I went to Bali last time). After I told her about it she couldn't wait to go so we took 2 other girlfriends and had a blast. Some things I had done before with Sean (elephant riding, surfing, Balinese dances) but some I hadn't like jet-skiing, riding horses on the beach (Nina & I ran ours) and flying about 9 stories high in the sky behind a boat on a air mattress (called a Flying Fish). That was fun! I also had the opportunity of delivering 62 children's books to a local school (books that my friends from church and the Oakleaf Club donated and I brought in my suitcase). That was the highlight of my trip. I truly love the Balinese people, there is something about their culture that makes me want to keep coming back here. Next year I'll bring my girls they would love it. Remind me to tell you the story of when I was doing yoga on the beach and was almost run over by a bulldozer. Also, the story of Melissa acting as my bodyguard and getting physical with a local shopkeeper. Later..I don't want to make this post too long.

5 comments:

d said...

I am so glad that you posted. even though I teased you, I really think it is awesome that you are doing all these great trips. Plus you always invite me so it is my own choice to miss out on the grand adventures. You are such a great tour guide!

Sarah said...

How fun!!!! It looks like you enjoyed yourself. I dont hate you but I sure am jealous =)

-LOve Audrea

Caleb and Suzy said...

Karri,

Bali looks awesome!! We have officially added it to our list of future destinations. If you and Sean extend we will def. make it over for a visit. We would absolutely love it. Neither of us have seen the Far East. We miss you guys!! Marissa does look all grown up and Kelea and Liana are the cutest princess dancers we have ever seen. Love you.
Caleb and Suzy

Unknown said...

We're so glad you're coming to visit (because we're definitely wanting to extend - we love it here!)

Jeremy, Kazia & Bryton said...

Hey I was so excited to get your comment on my blog. I look at your blog all the time. I am just such a slacker when it comes to commenting. It looks like your family is having quite the adventure in Japan. Wish we could come visit. Actually, we may have the opportunity to go to Australia and New Zealand next year, with the posibility of doing some traveling in Asia. If it happens I will definitely let you know. Anyway, we miss you. Your girls are adorable. Give Sean a hug from me.
Love, Kazia