Sunday, April 20, 2008

Rock Climbing with Melissa


I finally found a great indoor rock climbing gym in Yokohama! My friend Melissa wanted to join me so we put our kids in child care and decided to take the train north for some grown-up playtime. We had lunch at a delicious Chinese restaurant in Yokohama station, then since it was raining we took a cab to "B-Pump2". It specializes in boulder climbing which was fun since both Melissa and I didn't want to bring any gear with us. We're use to climbing vertically so we had to keep reminding ourselves that bouldering is more about crossing over and going horizontally rather than up & down. It was a great workout and we had fun laughing at ourselves when we couldn't figure out the set course. I was chastised a bit in Japanese when I accidently used someone else's chalk bag for my hands (thinking it was the gym's) but all in all it was an enjoyable mid-day adventure!

1 comment:

Grama Anne said...

Karri!! Rock climbing also! What an adventure woman.
I love it. That's a great picture of you, boulder climbing.
Hugs,
Anne