Thursday, November 20, 2008

Kelea Cooking, Turkey Bowl & Dinner with Friends!

Yes, it's my favorite time of year (Fall) and the leaves on the hillside outside our window are changing into colorful warm hues. Did I ever remember to thank you taxpayers who are providing us with this gorgeous view? Thank YOU! We have much to be grateful for this year but especially most importantly our 3 little girls. They are the most precious gifts that God could have entrusted us with. I love how each of them are so different (Marissa the smart and strong tomboy, Kelea the dancing fun girly girl & Liana our tender-hearted most kind and loving 2 year old I've ever known.) Can you tell who my baby is? :) They love to help mom with whatever it is I'm doing so it was no surprise that when I started baking my annual pumpkin bread for Thanksgiving (yes, I only bake once a year) that they wanted to be my little assistant chefs. So here is a video of Kelea cracking open her first egg and stirring the batter. I know, thrilling footage but we think it's cute. :) As we were doing this, Sean was playing football in the rain with some friends (every year he organizes a "Turkey Bowl" with other guys from work & church. Then we all went to Lindi's house for Thanksgiving dinner with the Snow family as well. The food was amazing (of course with Dayna & Lindi cooking) we brought rolls & drinks. :) She had a kids' table that was so cute it looked like something I did 2 years ago for our last Thanksgiving with friends in Virginia. (Turkey hand prints on the tablecloth for them to color on, Indian headbands, face painting, etc). I'm including a picture of it since I didn't bring a camera with me to Lindi's (Marissa looks so little in this picture when she was 4).So after a yummy ice cream dessert we headed over to Colleen's place to hang out with some friends from the hospital. It was a busy day but it kept me distracted from thinking about how much I miss my family during this holiday season. It's been 1 year since I've seen my brothers or sisters so we're hoping to go home for a visit soon (March).

No comments: