Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Kamakura (Our 1st Japanese Train Ride)







During our newcomer orientation, they explain the train system and how to navigate around town. Then they give us some options of which tourist area we'd like to visit by train and we go on a little "field trip". So Sean and I chose to go to Kamakura because it had so many beautiful shrines, temples and of course, "The Big Buddha". We got up there a little later than we wanted to because Sean had to take care of some paperwork at the hospital so we were on a time crunch (since our girls were in the child care on base until 5pm). So we got there (with no problems) and walked around looking at the various shrines, but not finding the Big Buddha. So we took some photos and got something to eat (which was delicious). Then I got an ice cream cone and forgot it's a little rude to "eat on the go" so I hid it behind my back most of the time until I could find corners to eat it in where no one was looking. :) It started melting down my hand, so I quickly devoured it with one last stop. By that time it was close to 4:15 so we had to head back to base and pick up our girls. I look forward to going back to that ancient city and finding our big friend "Buddha".

No comments: